Friday, September 21, 2007

Tsinelas



When I lived in the Philippines my mother would take me to the beach so that I could play in the sand and swim around for a little bit. For some reason tsinelas (flip-flops) and water don't go well together, and inevitably, I'd get one sucked up in a current and could only watch as it bobbed away from me. Needless to say, my mom was very upset.

Last night my husband asked why I even wore them while swimming and I couldn't really remember why. But I think it's because the beach and the water were so full of broken shells and rocks that you'd cut your feet on them if you didn't.

I always wondered what happened to my lost tsinelas...

1 comment:

talk said...

Thanks for leaving a note. I love your blog concept. Sure, I'll include your blog for week 76.

Enjoy!