Friday, October 19, 2007

Bookworm

i love to read, what can i say?

I read. I subsist on a diet of books, gorging myself on them. If left with a good book I would not sleep until I finished it. I have a storage facility full of books. When we moved to our new home no one was surprised that my boxes of books topped my boxes of clothing 3 to 1. If asked what I want as a present I usually reply with "gift card to BN.com or Amazon.com". To me, books are best friends never to be thrown away but kept safe, to read over and over. I have read several books at once.

I'm not a bibliophile. I am a lover of content, rather than format. I'll take hardcover or paperback as long as I can get them.

I cried when I watched the Twilight Zone episode "Enough Time At Last" where Burgess Meredith's glasses broke and he couldn't read all the books that surrounded him, after the nuclear blast that killed everyone but him.

Yep, I love to read.

2 comments:

admin said...

no blog seems to !wow! me these days... i've been visiting quite a lot since i became active in blogger. your comics blog is an exception! i'm very impressed. it truly stands out for its originality, artistic sense and wit. i've voted for you in the fil blog and am still voting for the both of us this week. votes or no votes, your blog is a winner! consider me a fan of your work! cheers! :-)

Javi said...

3-1 huh? darn that's a lot of books. I have my collection too but I'm sure it pales in comparison to yours. Do you mind if I link you up? I'm kinda partial to book lovers.