Tuesday, October 16, 2007



I was thinking the other day that my breakfasts now are different from what I grew up with. I remember on Saturdays my mom would take the time to make fried rice with garlic and since it was Saturday (we wouldn't have to smell like fish at school) she'd fry up some bulad (tuyo) and we'd have it with Chinese sausages or tocino (cured pork that's a little sweet) and of course sawsawan (dipping sauce). The sawsawan would add a nice extra salty/soury (soy sauce and kalamansi or vinegar) touch to it all.

Nowadays I refrain from buying and cooking bulad because I can't find it and because of my husband (but a girl can dream...) and although we don't eat pancakes for breakfast (too sweet) we have had it for a dessert and I love bacon.

Oh, when Tang was available, my brother and I would make batches of it.

1 comment:

Wedding Glitters said...

Hi! Cool reminiscing old times. :)
Thanks for the visit!